The Jessie Ball duPont Fund works to expand access and create opportunity by investing in people, organizations and communities that were important to Jessie Ball duPont.
Across its work, the Fund organizes its resources around these focus areas:
- Building the Capacity of Eligible Organizations
- Building the Assets of People, Families and Communities
- Promoting Civil Society
Throughout their work, the trustees and staff of the Fund strive to:
- Learn with and from the people they serve.
- Respect the wisdom and creativity of the organizations and communities with whom they work.
- Engage in thoughtful and disciplined reflection about the decisions they make.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all that they do.
- Act with compassion, work for justice, and champion the rights of all people to share in the wealth and health of our nation.
The trustees and staff of the Jessie Ball duPont Fund believe:
- A democratic society that works for all people requires the participation of a strong and organized independent sector.
- Communities are stronger and healthier when:
- Public, private and philanthropic resources are invested to build the assets of individuals, families and neighborhoods.
- Citizens, neighborhoods and organizations work together across the boundaries that divide us.
- They are deliberate about identifying, building and using their philanthropic assets — the time, talent and money of people.
- Citizens have both the right and the responsibility to participate fully in public debate about the distribution of resources, opportunities and assets intended to serve the common good.
The Jessie Ball duPont Fund’s philanthropy is guided by the Last Will & Testament of Jessie Ball duPont. The Fund may support organizations that received a gift from Mrs. duPont between January 1, 1960 and December 31, 1964.