Thanks to those of you who joined us on March 10 for Two Centuries of Jacksonville: Abandoned African American Cemeteries. Our expert panelists shared these resources for those interested in more information:
- The Black Cemetery Network
- The Hart Island Project
- East End Cemetery
- Hidden History: South Florida's Black Burial Grounds, by Sasha Jones, NBC Miami (March 4, 2022)
- This teacher is adding Black cemetery histories to the Hillsborough curriculum, by Paul Guzzo, The Tampa Bay Times (November 9, 2020)
- The fight to save America's historic Black cemeteries, by Austyn Gaffney, National Geographic (August 19, 2020)
- In Search of Lost Cemeteries, by Paul Guzzo and Brandon Meyer, The Tampa Bay Times (December 30, 2019)
- Recovering and Preserving African American Cemeteries, by Nadia Orton, National Trust for Historic Preservation Preservation Leadership Forum (June 2, 2016)
Additional resources from the Florida Public Archaeology Network are available via this blog post.
Missed the conversation or want to share it? Watch it on YouTube.
Register for our upcoming Two Centuries of Jacksonville conversations at www.dupontfund.org/resources